Thursday 27 February 2014

Four for Four

She is four, this small girl who so nearly wasn't, yet by some amazing grace was given back to us. This girl who has bought so much love and laughter into our lives has now been in our family for forty eight months.



Grabbing a rare glimpse of sunshine on her special day whilst  watching her play with the flowers she insisted she needed for her birthday table, I managed to capture some of the emotions she was feeling.

These are my four favourite faces of her day:






and one to shatter any illusions of perfection about our lives.



Always knowing how blessed we  really are, even during diva  moments!




What is making you feel thankful today?

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Ruby! She is beautiful, with such a twinkle in her eyes.
    I share her birthday, so I was thankful that I have made it to 49, despite spending the day in bed because I was ill, and I am now looking forward to being 50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy (now late) birthday to you! Enjoy your last year of this decade, Ruby's middle name is Scarlett x

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos! Happy Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hap-hap-happy birthday little lady, I love your flowers and I see that your beautiful hair has grown again!!!
    Lovely pics Grace, she really is so very sweet! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to your lovely girl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, she's a cutie. Doesn't the time fly past, they grow up so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photo's and wonderful memories of a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to grasp hold of time, it is going by so quickly x

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday to your girl! Four is a great age I think. She looks very happy indeed. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four is a great age, especially for girls, I am so loving this stage x

      Delete
  8. Aaaah! She's so beautiful! Happy birthday to her!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty. Until I had a child of my own I never really understood the capacity for love that a mother has for her child ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have put that so well x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, they really do brighten my day!